This cozy, light-filled beach house sits on 2.5 acres of land and over 100 feet of prime waterfront on Hammersley Inlet. Hammersley Inlet is located in South Puget Sound 10 minutes away from the city of Shelton. It sleeps 8-10 people and includes a huge front lawn, giant deck, firepit, barbecue, washer/dryer and solitude. Try clam digging, beachcombing, kayaking, or just lounge on the deck. Cabin is 30 minutes from Olympia and 90 minutes from Seattle.
1. Smoking and firearms are NOT allowed anywhere on the property. Any evidence of smoking on the property will result in complete forfeiture of your security deposit.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. NO more than 16 people can be present on the property at one time and no more than 12 guest can spend the night.
3. The cabin is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. There is central heating/cooling, using a heat pump. Please follow the directions on the thermostat carefully and make sure to turn down the heating/cooling when you depart.
6. Quiet hours are from 10:00 pm to 7:00 am. Please observe and do not disturb the neighbors.
7. Only use appliances for their intended purposes. There is no phone at the cabin, so please bring your cell phone if needed. The reception is generally good.
8. Pets are permitted only with prior approval. Please clean up after your pet and keep on watch on them at all times. Pets are not allowed on the furniture.
9. Parking is limited to 5 vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Please park on the gravel areas, not the lawn, which can be very soft at certain wet times of the year. The driveway down to the cabin is steep and gravel, all cars can make it up and down. The property is gated, keys will be provided. Please lock the gate when you lease. Guest is responsible for all damage to the grass area where cars are not to be driven.
10. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not provide beach towels.
11. Water and Septic: The cabin draws its water directly from a well, not a public system. We also have a septic system. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged for repairs.
12. Beach and Sound: Please be careful on the beach and keep a close eye on all children and non-swimmers. The current is swift, the water is cold, and the tide moves very quickly, so exercise caution at all times. Weather and water conditions can change rapidly, so be mindful of people and gear at all times. Hammersley Inlet is excellent for kayaking and you are welcome to bring your own personal boat and gear. The boats on site are not available for use. The stairs to the beach are steep and sometimes slippery, so exercise caution at all times. Fishing is allowed subject to state and local regulations. You may walk to boat to the sandbar, but do collect any live animals. Please be respectful of the neighbor’s property.
13. Clams and Oysters: The property is a licensed, commercial shellfish farm, raising clams and oysters. Most of the surrounding beaches, including the sandbar, are also private commercial farms, so you are NOT allowed to dig or harvest shellfish. Please do not disturb any markings or stakes you see on the beach. When walking along the beaches of adjoining properties, you may see some netting on the beach, please do not walk on this netting.
14. Fishing and Hunting: We encourage you to enjoy the great outdoors. If you are fishing, please DO NOT clean or prepare your fish inside the cabin and dispose of any fish waste in deep water, out of sight of the beach or docks. NO HUNTING IS ALLOWED whatsoever on the property and under no circumstances are dead animals to be stored or cleaned on the property. Also, for all hunting and fishing, please comply with all state and local regulations regarding permits, licenses, seasons, species and catch limits.
15. Fire pit and BBQ: Please use caution when using the fire pit and propane BBQ. Always extinguish the fire when not in use and never leave it unattended. The woodstove in the basement is not in operation.
Shelton: If you’re not familiar with the area, it is 4 miles back into the town of Shelton, where you can get gas, groceries and other items. Safeway, Fred Meyers and Walmart are there as well. There are a few nice restaurants in town, including Xinh’s, an amazing place for clams, oysters and other seafood dishes. Consistently rated one of the best of the Northwest. Old downtown Shelton is fun to walk and explore.
16. Fireworks: Please no fireworks on the property.
17. Garage: The garage above the cabin is locked and not to be entered.
18. Emergency: In case of emergency or fire, Dial 911.
My Family owns two cabins in the Pacific Northwest. One is in South Puget Sound on Hammersley Inlet and the other is at Priest Lake in ID. I have grown up going to thees cabins and they are great to relax and have fun.