Completely furnished studio apartment in an 11-year-old Victorian-style home. Located in the Historic Fairhaven District in a quiet neighborhood, just blocks from the heart of the shopping district. Private entrance with off-street parking.
Completely furnished studio apartment in an 11-year-old Victorian-style home. Located in the Historic Fairhaven District in a quiet neighborhood, just blocks from the heart of the shopping district. Private entrance with off-street parking. The Studio is in our warm, dry and sunny daylight basement.
Continental-style breakfast supplied including: coffee, tea, juice, almond milk, half and half, nondairy creamer, fruit and gluten-free granola. Everything is (mostly) organic. We do our best to honor special diets, so please let us know if you are allergic or simply avoiding certain foods.
Within walking distance of: restaurants, shops, hiking trails, beach, parks, off-leash dog park, heron rookery, Alaska Ferry Terminal, Amtrak and Greyhound Stations. Just a mile from Western Washington University (WWU) and their famous outdoor sculptures.
We have a queen-size bed in the room and a futon/love seat that opens up to a single bed (which is large enough for a child or average adult). TV with cable and DVD, WiFi, full galley kitchen, central heating as well as a space heater, fan, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. We created an Adorable Patio just for our B&B guests to the left of the outdoor Welcome sign and up a few steps. We are also gay-friendly.
The bathroom has an Om sign design in the shower tile. The shower stall is small and very tall people may have to stoop a bit due to limited height. The Studio has some cool antiques, wicker furniture and art. It's very warm and cheerful. It's, well, adorable! :)
We allow dogs in The Adorable Studio. We charge a one-time fee of $10/dog to cover any additional cleaning that we may need to do. You can pay this fee upon arrival. Please let us know prior to your arrival if you are traveling with a dog. We prefer that dogs are not left alone in the Studio, but are willing to consider this on a case by case basis.
We have a black and white cat named Kali. She's very shy so you may not get to meet her. We also have a young dog named Bilbo Baggins, who we call Bo. You will definitely get to meet him if you want. He loves meeting people and other animals.
The Adorable Studio is located directly below our kitchen and dining room, which have ceramic tile and wood floors. We do our best to be quiet, but you will inevitably hear us as we cook, talk, walk, etc. Also, a few of our children and grandchildren may visit from time to time. If total silence is what you are after, you may not get it at our Studio.
The futon love seat is a true futon with a thick cotton mattress and foam core. It is FIRM. The queen-size bed has an extra-firm mattress with a memory foam mattress pad on top. Very comfy.
The entire space is 350 square feet, so it is best suited for a single person or couple. If you are traveling with children, please be aware that it's a tight fit if the love seat is made into a bed.
We are right next door to Airbnb listing Fairhaven Garden Suite, which sleeps two. If you have more folks you're traveling with than we can accommodate, perhaps they could stay next door!
***Note to bikers, paddlers and skiers: We have a garage adjacent to the studio where you can safely store your gear.
Disponible para huéspedes
Adorable Studio, driveway parking, Adorable Patio, gardens as long as you keep the fence closed so Bo cannot get out..
Atención a los huéspedes
We like to check our guests in and then any further interaction is up to them.
Otros aspectos destacables
If you are traveling with dogs, we like to know about it before you arrive. While we request that no dogs be left alone in the Studio, we will consider making an exception in special circumstances. Ask us.
• To check in, just drive around to the back of our house and park on the right side of our driveway in front of the “Welcome” sign. The Studio door will be unlocked and on your right. We’ll come down and greet you.
• No smoking inside the apartment please.
• We do allow dogs in The Adorable Studio, but we charge a one-time fee of $10/dog. Please let us know prior to your arrival if you are traveling with a dog. While we prefer that dogs are not left alone in the Studio, we will consider it on a case by case basis.
• The Adorable Patio is available for your use. It’s past the WELCOME sign and up the first few steps on the left.
• Daily rate includes a continental breakfast supplied in the Studio of: homemade gluten-free granola, almond milk, orange juice, fruit, coffee, tea, and creamers. Items are organic whenever possible.
• Weekly rate includes continental breakfast supplied in the Studio plus cleaning the apartment and laundering sheets and towels once a week.
• Monthly rate does NOT include breakfast, but DOES include cleaning the apartment and laundering sheets and towels once a week.
• Access to our washer/drier is available to guests staying one week or longer.
• We will check on your breakfast supplies ~once a day. We will usually do so when you are out so as not to disturb you.
• We really appreciate our guests doing their own dishes. Thanks in advance.
• The Studio is heated via our furnace. We also supply a space heater. Please turn off the space heater whenever you leave the Studio.
• The wi-fi is called “NETGEAR57” and the password is smilingsun027.
• Check-out is easy and up to you: you can come to our door and say good bye or your can leave when you’re ready without a formal fare thee well. In any case, please leave the keys in the Studio and the door unlocked.
• Thank you and enjoy your stay at The Adorable Studio.
We welcome you with respect and love.
Jer and I are baby boomers with 5 sons and 8 grandchildren. We are easy-going and spiritually eclectic. We love hiking, camping, gardening, yoga, watercolor painting, writing, composing and playing music, and baking (lucky for you!).
We have a puppy, Bo (Bilbo Baggins). He is mostly American Bulldog. He is very sweet, friendly and eager to meet you. He loves other dogs. Our young tuxedo cat, Kali, is the darling of the family. You may see her moving stealthily through our extensive gardens.
Jer's working on his second novel. He also writes songs and plays them on his guitar. I volunteer at the Whatcom Humane Society's Wildlife Rehabilitation Center every week. I paint with watercolors - my newest passion. I am also an energy healer and offer Reiki + chakra and aura healing. (Earth and Sky Energy Healing.) My Reiki Room is in our house. If you are interested in a session while you are here, let me know.
“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” – Martin Buber