The Cottage @ Bluff Hollow is located near the end of a dead-end small country lane and sits on a
7 acre hobby farm (1.6 miles from the Creeper Trail). It is a great place to base all your recreational activities!
Whether you enjoy sitting on the front porch with your morning cup of local coffee or just looking into the adjacent virgin forested hillside and hearing the birds we're sure you'll find some peace and enjoyment here. Think of tall trees and lots of green and you get the picture.
The newly renovated cottage (aprox 1000 sq ft) sits on 1/4 acre and has an outdoor play set (visible from the kitchen) and a tree swing. In the fall we have several different varieties of heirloom apples that are ready to harvest. We'll put some in the fruit bowl for you and your guests if we have any that are currently ripe when you arrive.
- Free Wifi so you could stream away on your phone, iPad, etc.
- Full coffee service with Local Coffee
- Hospitality basket with bars, bottled water, oatmeal packets (customized for food preferences).
- Queen Tempur Pedic mattress in master bedroom.
- IKEA Full Futon in Living Room
- Hotel Linen's
- We have beds for 6 and a futon for 2 more (8 adults would be a tight fit in the cottage) Great for families.
- One Bathroom with a good sized shower (Kohler rain shower head)
- Organic hand soap, baby wash, TJ's everyone soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and laundry soap (homemade hand soap when available)
- Hair Dryer and Iron with board.
-Hotel linens and towels
-Pack & Play w/linens, baby bath and children's potty (upon request)
Fully equipped kitchen, utensils, pots and pans, Blender (w/ice crush),
toaster, ice trays in fridge, electric kettle and full coffee service.
Children's high chair bowls, cups, plates and utensils.
- BBQ Grill on Patio.
- It is very important to us that your space is CLEAN and comfortable!
Disponible para huéspedes
Access to our property is limited to the guest cottage (the entire guest cottage and surrounding 1/4 acre is yours), childrens play set and tree swing, fenced yard and parking area. The creek across the road is occasionally dry but runs during and after rains which is a nice sound from the front porch. Sorry, no creek access.
Our home is on the property, you will see us come and go on the driveway. We will respect your privacy and space!! We are here if you need us!
Otros aspectos destacables
Our neighbors have some dogs that occasionally bark but it is hard to hear inside the cottage. Also, we have two very large oak trees that shade the cottage; in the fall, they lose their acorns, and when they drop on the metal roof it can be startling if you don't know about it. We're used to it but we want you to know about that. We do have Unlimited Internet (works well with streaming video, texting or messaging) however at times it is difficult to make phone calls (Verizon works best out here). Calls are more clear just outside the cottage or in certain parts of the cottage.
All rates already cover a 5 % guest tax.
- We prefer no shoes in the house and quiet hours after 10:00.
- Fruit picking: blackberries only
- No smoking or vaping allowed on the premises.
- People other than those in the guest party may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of the guest.
- Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
- Only use appliances for their intended uses.
- There is no daily housekeeping service. All bath towels and linens are to stay with the home. (We have upon request extra beach towels that you can use during your stay).
- Do not flush anything other than toilet paper.
We usually greet our guests during the daytime when they arrive. Otherwise we will leave instructions for the key. We do enjoy getting to know our guests but we also know how important privacy is, so it depends on timing and your individual preferences.
We're happy to show guests our orchard and and a few helpful tricks to help your fruit orchard at home, so let us know if that's your kinda thing!
Our home sits about 120 (approx football field) away. You have the run of the cottage and the area.
Sheila is an event planner, home schools our children and runs our air bnb cottage. Bodi is a retired firefighter and helped with the remodel of the cottage. On our hobby farm we grow heirloom apple trees, blackheart cherries, chestnuts, blueberries, blackberries and elderberries and vegetables. Our favorite places on earth: The West Kootenays of British Columbia, where Sheila's cousins live (see our profile pic), (2) right here in Southwest Virginia, (3) Vancouver Island, BC.