A private one bedroom apartment located in the vibrant Hawthorne District - considered to be one of the best neighborhoods for tourists in the city! Just ~3 miles from downtown, home to many of Portland's top restaurants, and within a short walk of coffee shops, book stores, boutiques, and more. Perfect for solo, couples, and business travelers wanting to be in close proximity to all that Portland has to offer! Check out our reviews - our guests share all you need to see before booking! :)
The lower apartment is fresh, clean, modern, new construction with lots of light. We completed our remodel in December 2016 and welcome you as our guest(s). Enjoy a fresh cup of local coffee while sitting by the fireplace.
APARTMENT: roughly 700 square feet legal Alternative Dwelling Unit (ADU) in the lower level of our 1911 Bungalow. The apt is under our living space, and includes its own entrance, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and living area. Brand new, beautiful concrete floors throughout, with insulation underneath.
BEDROOM: new queen bed, next to full bath, fresh sheets, blankets, luggage rack, dresser, night stands, and wall heater.
BATHROOM: shower and bathtub, shampoo, soap, lotion, hair dryer, and towels.
KITCHEN: full sink, full electric range, range hood, fridge, microwave, basic cookware, glasses/dishes/silverware, and a coffee machine. Perfect for long or short stays.
LIVING AREA: futon, television, natural gas and thermostat-controlled fireplace, wifi, Chromecast (allowing you to stream from your Netflix and other Chromecast enabled accounts). The futon folds out to a queen sized bed.
SOUND: we live on the main level above the apt. We have sound dampening between the two levels, which helps a lot. You may hear our footsteps occasionally, but if you do it will be limited. We also provide a white noise machine that isn't necessary, but just in case you prefer using it.
LAUNDRY: your own washer/dryer combo machine is located under the kitchen counter.
PARKING: free street parking. Generally there is ample supply just outside the apt.
STAIRS: minimal stairs...just 7 total - 3 up at the front of the house, then 4 down to the apt.
Disponible para huéspedes
Guests have access to the entire private apartment and attached patio.
Atención a los huéspedes
We are flexible! We want to do everything we can to make your stay enjoyable. We have enjoyed meeting several of our guests and sharing with them what we love about Portland.
Please let us know privately what we can do to improve your experience rather than in a public review. Thanks!
Otros aspectos destacables
Taylor and I live upstairs in the main level of the home. The basement apartment is directly below, but has good sound proofing and we try to be respectful by keeping quiet upstairs.
The ceiling is 6'11" in the apt, so if you're vertically superior than most, please take this into consideration before booking.
Número de licencia o registro16-292426-HO
Obtén más información sobre este número
- -We want you to have an excellent time, but please do so while treating our space with kindness and respect.
- - All guests must supply Government ID, and comply with Portland Airbnb guest rules: full names and addresses for each guest, and license plate of vehicle used during stay.
- - No Smoking inside. Smoking on the outdoor patio is fine.
- - No illegal activities. Duh.
- - Please remove your shoes on the inside "welcome mat."
- - No Pets, sorry Fido has to stay home.
- - If you break or damage something, please let me know and arrange for its replacement or repair.
- - No parties, no outside visitors, no overnight guests without previous approval from your host.
- - Do not leave any food out that will attract uninvited pests. Our home is pest-free and we intend to keep it that way with your help.
- - Please be respectful of our neighbor's property. Please stay on the walkway when entering/exiting the apt.
- - We live above the apartment, but generally don't make much noise. However, expect us to be up in the morning at ~7:30 AM most days. Please observe quiet hours after 10:00 PM. We will do the same.
- - Use common sense. We are reasonable and accomodating hosts.
My wife (Taylor) and I live in Portland, OR. We absolutely love it here! We have traveled to many countries together, and are excited to be Airbnb hosts.
Our favorite things to do are travel, bake in our brick oven, cycle, play soccer, spend time with our friends and family, and work on our house.
We are passionate Portlanders, who have lived here since 2001. We know a lot about our city and look forward to sharing information with our future guests.